It’s an exciting time when you’re ready to move into your dream home… and a very stressful one. It can also be difficult to find a removalist that’s right for you.
That’s why it’s important to look for a local removal company in Melbourne that’s fast, helpful and, most importantly, affordable.
Here are some things to know when choosing a removalist that suits your needs:
- Be Budget-Savvy: Know how much you want to spend before hiring a cheap house mover in Melbourne. Research carefully and ask for a quote before deciding on the right one for you.
- Know What You Want: Some removalists specialise in different areas like office or home furniture removal, so it’s important to enquire before you hire. Make sure you find a local removalist who’s cost-effective and takes great care when it comes to handling your valuables.
- Be Specific: Never underestimate the art of moving house. Be clear and concise about what needs to be done. Be aware of what kind of rates your local removalist charges. Do your research by contacting a removal company like ProMove Transport.
- Be Prepared: Organise your belongings before you’re ready to move. Invest in strong boxes, baskets and containers. You can even ask your nearest Bunnings or other local stores in your area for free boxes.
Remove the stress from your life! For the best professional movers in Melbourne, call or email us at ProMove Transport today.
You’ve just bought the house of your dreams. You couldn’t be happier…
Then comes the hard part.
Packing up all the things you’ve accumulated over the years can be a stressful task. But with these handy tips, packing furniture, household items and other valuables will be a breeze, especially when you use cheap and reliable house movers in Melbourne:
- Be Upfront: Don’t be timid when it comes to protecting your valuables. Tell your removalist about any furniture, appliances or other items that need special care. It might cost you a little more but it always pays to be safe, as well as helps you to avoid any ugly disputes in the long run.
Don’t forget to change your address before moving. Also be sure to schedule pickups and drop-offs ahead of time, especially if you’re selling items online.
- Start As Soon As Possible: Rise and shine! Be sure to start packing early, at least several weeks in advance. Pack away the things you plan to dispose of first, like old clothing, worn-out furniture and other stuff you no longer use. Leave essential items until last, when it comes time to remove appliances and furniture.
- Safety First: It’s important to eliminate any dangers before packing. Cover liquids with plastic wrap to prevent leaks and spills. Insulate boxes containing fragile items with bubble wrap, newspapers, towels or clothing. You can even ask your house removalists for wrapping materials free of charge. Be sure to pack kitchenware from side to side to avoid breakage.
Decluttering can be a great way to start fresh. It can also help you get organised before a big move to ease the load. Take any furniture apart before removal. Clean your new home before moving in. Number boxes and label them with your name, new address, what’s inside it and whether it’s heavy or fragile. This helps your house removalists be able to find things easily if they go missing.
- Get Organised: As Marie Kondo always asks: ‘Does it spark joy?’ If you don’t need it anymore, then bin it!
For the best domestic removalists in Melbourne, contact ProMove Transport today. Happy packing and good luck!
- Use What You Have Available: Packing can be an expensive process for some, especially for students. So it’s best to minimise costs by using any large bags, baskets or containers you already have before you buy any boxes.